Have you been to the Presbyterian Retirement Communities Northwest (PRCN) Facebook page recently? Consider heading over there and Liking the page. We don't normally promote Facebook pages (except ours, of course - you should Like us if you haven't already!) but the PRCN posts updates a few times a week that have incredibly helpful resources surrounding seniors and housing. If you are considering moving, or have a parent who is facing this, the PRCN Facebook page can be a great resource both to get information, and to help you learn the questions you didn't know you needed to ask.
In the last couple weeks they have posted articles, or links, on the following subjects (I have linked to the articles):
- Benefits of planning early for a move to a continuing care retirement community
- An 8-week checklist of how to prepare for an impending move
- Evaluation tool to help you determine what level of care is needed
- Important questions to ask potential nursing homes
- A guide to understanding skilled nursing choices
- Glossary of terms regarding senior housing and care
- Comprehensive overview of Assisted Living facilities
- Ten tips to help you downsize
Starting to see why I'm so excited about their Facebook page? None of these articles are specific to the Seattle area, to the Northwest, or even just to Presbyterians! They're a great resource for anyone facing these decisions and changes, be it for yourself or for a loved one.