Annual Review of Ministry Outside Congregation
Seattle Presbytery Annual Review of Ministry Outside the Congregation
Seattle Presbytery’s Commission on Ministry has revised its process for conducting annual reports for ministers engaged in ministry outside the congregation and members-at-large. Please complete the form and send any additional attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org annually.
G-2.0503: “A teaching elder shall be engaged in a ministry validated by the presbytery . . . [which] shall:
(1) demonstrate conformity with the mission of God’s people in the world as set forth in Holy Scripture, The Book of Confessions, and the Book of Order of this church;
(2) serve and aid others, and enable the ministry of others;
(3) give evidence of theologically informed fidelity to God’s Word;
(4) be carried on in accountability for its character and conduct to the presbytery in addition to any organizations, agencies, and institutions served; and
(5) include responsible participation in the deliberations, worship, and work of the presbytery and in the life of a congregation of this church or a church in correspondence with the PC(USA) (G-5.0201).
When teaching elders are called to validated ministry beyond the jurisdiction of the church,
. . . they shall give evidence of a quality of life that helps to share the ministry of the good news.
. . . They shall participate in a congregation, in their presbytery, and in ecumenical relationships.”
If you are no longer serving in a validated ministry, complete the member-at-large form online here.
If you no longer reside in the geographic bounds of the presbytery, COM encourages you to seek membership in the presbytery where you live.
(Ministers engaged in validated ministries, see pages 1-3. Download hard copy of the form here.)