We seek to faithfully follow Jesus Christ in the 21st century, pursuing vibrant worship, spiritual formation, and service to others. Ministries to youth and children are of paramount importance to our PCUSA community. Today we are a vital community of 200 members and friends. At Redmond Presbyterian (RPC), we want each person to know they matter to God and to us. We intentionally focus on age-appropriate opportunities to experience faith development. Youth includes 6th-12th grades, with middle and high school groups.
Responsibilities: (will vary depending on hours negotiated)
- Initiates contact with students in order to build healthy relationships and provide a welcoming atmosphere where the gospel can be thoughtfully communicated through words and actions.
- Plans and provides leadership for youth ministry programs including: Sunday morning worship and education, weekly fellowship times, retreats, mission projects, Bible studies/small groups, seasonal and special activities
- Builds, equips, directs, and supports an on-going volunteer leadership team.
- Works and plans with colleagues by attending weekly church staff and monthly Youth Commission meetings.
- Communicates regularly with youth, parents and church community including weekly bulletins, newsletter, Sunday announcements, website, and other digital technologies.
- Exemplifies the mission and ministries developed by the Church’s leadership and seeks to integrate youth into the mutigenerational church community.