Bethany is hiring a part time (20 hours) Director of Outreach Ministries. In addition to coordinating Bethany’s outreach ministries, this role will build and deepen congregational engagement with our outreach partners. The Director of Outreach Ministries supports Outreach elders and volunteers, and works as an integrated member of the pastoral and lay staff team at Bethany Presbyterian Church. If you or someone you know is interested, please visit our full job posting HERE.
To share a job with the presbytery, email us a brief descriptions & a direct link to the full post on your website.
The Kitchen Manager is responsible to provide a safe and fun environment for all UPC staff and volunteers in the kitchen. This person ensures food is made fresh and to the highest quality. In partnership with the Associate Director of Hospitality, this person is responsible for inventory, cleanliness, training, staff scheduling, creating fresh and innovative menu ideas and above all, fostering teamwork. The Kitchen Manager embodies UPC’s commitment to hospitality and excellent customer service by attending to any unexpected problems or emergencies that may arise during a shift. Kitchen Manager
Associate Director of Food and Hospitality Service
The Associate Director of Food and Hospitality Services provides support for ministry leaders planning hospitality and food preparation for church events. The primary purpose of this position is twofold: one, provide oversight and organization for the day to day operation and use of UPC’s kitchens and two, to provide needed expertise and assistance in the area of hospitality. This person is responsible to work with ministry leaders on opportunities for food and fellowship including menu planning, budgeting, employee and volunteer staffing, administrating and food preparation. Associate Director of Food and Hospitality Service
Woodland Park Presbyterian Church (WPPC) seeks to be an open and inclusive family of faith in Christ that embraces the challenge of the Gospel by cultivating deep community, nurturing loving connection within and outside our walls, and living into God’s call to seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly in the word. We are seeking an enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to work Part Time (20 hours per week, 9am - 1pm Monday - Friday) in the front office, providing general office support and helping advance our mission in the community.
· Interact with visitors, parishioners, vendors and renters.
· Respond to phone calls, voice mail and e-mails and forward information as necessary to appropriate individuals.
· Distribute mail to staff, renters and committees.
· Monitor bus tickets and hand out emergency food bags and grocery cards
· Provide weekly order of service, weekly e-mail bulletin, annual report, annual directory, correspondence, and other printed or digital materials as directed by the pastor
· Maintain church calendar and pastor’s calendar
· Monitor office machines and contact vendors for maintenance
· Maintain general files and personnel files.
· Update website and social media pages
· Update printed forms (signup sheets, check request forms etc.)
· Provide HR support such as background checks, new hire paperwork, interview
· Provide support to Financial Secretary with coordinating Accounts Receivables.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Proven administrative assistant experience; 1-3 years experience in an office environment
· Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Proficient in MS Office and Google Docs
· Comfortable with social media and learning new technology skills
· Knowledge of general bookkeeping, accounting and Human Resources skills preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Personnel Committee.
Lake City Presbyterian Church (LCPC) in North Seattle has an immediate opportunity for a Director of Music Ministry (DMM). The candidate filling this 15-20 hour a week position will work with the Pastor and Worship Committee to develop and lead the music ministry in a manner consistent with the mission, vision, and theology of the church. They must possess the ability to play the piano and guitar to accompany worship services and additional special church worship events. The DMM will serve as the consistent and weekly leader of the worship team, direct the choir and coordinate other musical groups and ensembles for services. The candidate will possess creativity hinging on discernment from the Holy Spirit. In all things, the DMM will work in concert with the Pastor to utilize a blend of music styles to shape and support sound liturgical worship for the current season. The DMM will take a key role in establishing relationships both inside and outside the church community designed to enhance the music and worship at LCPC.
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRIES – Lake City Presbyterian Church
· Select, plan, and provide music and accompaniment for Sunday and special services using a variety of instrumental and choral music, in conjunction with the established liturgical theme.
· Leads Worship Team and provides it as a resource for creative planning of both Sunday and special services with the Pastor and Worship Committee as needed.
· Establish partnerships that might enhance the choir community or worship.
· Recruit, equip, motivate, and shepherd music team musicians.
· Develop musical teams and ensembles for services.
· Participate in outreach events in the community via choral or worship team performances.
· Maintain a strong prayer base by establishing regular prayer time with music ministry groups at rehearsals or prior to worship services, as appropriate.
· Communicates faithfully with the Pastor and staff.
· Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
· Bachelor’s degree in music desirable with demonstrated high-quality musical skills and competence.
· Strong organizational skills, consistency and dependability.
· Strong interpersonal skills to help inspire and motivate musicians.
· Committed to the church's Christian vision, leadership, and people as demonstrated by an ease with articulating their Christian faith and practice as a member of church leadership.
· Minimum five years’ experience in church ministry setting.
· Ability to lovingly with humor and patience shepherd volunteer musicians encouraging members to develop and use their God given talents.
· Active team player who consistently attends staff meetings and creates intentional connections with members of the congregation.
· Possess knowledge of a wide range of Christian musical styles and sources including Christian classics (hymns), contemporary music and music from other cultures.
· Ability to lead worship and train musicians as individual and team worship leaders.
· Display a high level of competency in piano and guitar accompaniment.
· Experience with sound and computer technology and other aspects of contemporary services desirable.
We are looking for the next Director of the BelPres Preschool, who will provide leadership for relational ministry and care for children and their families, implement a licensed child care center model, and develop strategies for retention and growth. For more information, download the job description. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and application (available here) to Rev. Colin Robeson.
The Church Business Administrator is responsible for leading the business and operational ministries of BelPres, including all aspects of finance, facilities, and our IT/ database system. For more information download the job description and submit a cover letter, resume, and application (available here) to HR Director Christine Corneille.
The Youth Intern assists the Associate Pastor with Newport’s youth ministry for middle and high school youth.
· Work as part of a team of employees and volunteers on Sunday evenings and occasional special events as requested with advance notice.
· Serve as a Christian role model consistent with the Mission, Values and Theology of Newport.
· Provide leadership and planning surrounding games.
· Lead breakout session for mid high or senior high group as directed and planned by the Associate Pastor.
· Occasionally plan devotion or discussion.
· Participate in general fellowship and relationship building with our youth.
· Plan and provide music leadership for approximately 10 minutes of each scheduled youth group. (Preferred, but not required depending on experience and skills).
· Participate in occasional service or other offsite activities with our youth.
· Other duties and planning as directed by the Associate Pastor.
Work Hours & Schedule:
Attend approximately 28 youth group meetings primarily on Sunday evenings during the school year; 4 hours estimated per week including planning time.
The successful candidate will:
· Have previous experience working in youth ministry.
· Be dependable and have reliable transportation.
· Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with youth, parents and volunteer advisors in a professional manner.
· Have an understanding of basic first aid, including CPR certification (or must be willing to become certified).
· Comply with the church’s Child Safety policy, including submitting to a background check, attending a child abuse prevention training workshop, and making a signed statement that the candidate has never been convicted of abusing children or youth.
The Youth Intern reports to and is supervised by the associate pastor; they work directly with other youth advisors; and in a cooperative relationship with youth, facility, program and administrative staff, church leadership, members, and parents.
The youth Intern will be paid $15 per hour. If extra time is required and agreed upon between the associate pastor and the Youth Intern, the same rate will apply up to forty hours per week. This position as a part‐time support staff position does not qualify for any benefits, sick days, vacation days, or holidays.
All who work at Newport are encouraged to do so with an understanding that their work should be in support of the church’s mission statement - which calls us to be:
o inclusive, supporting and nurturing of families, adults, youth and children;
o building communities through intergenerational activities and small group support;
o strong communicators of values, theological positions and information;
a place where we “live out” a commitment to radical hospitality. See www.newportpres.org
If interested, please submit resume including 2 references to email@example.com
Job Title: Organist/Choir Accompanist
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Director of Music and Worship
Hours/Work Schedule: 8-10 hours/week (4 hours on-site and 4-6 hours for preparation), year-round
September through May: Thursday choir rehearsal (7:00-8:30 PM) Sunday rehearsal/service (9:45-11:45 AM)
Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend: Sundays only (8:45-10:45 AM)
Multiple services Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday
Pay: $15,000/year (divided evenly throughout the year) Exempt/Non-exempt: Non-exempt
Job Definition: Collaborates in creating an enriching experience in worship through hymnody and classical repertoire. Serves as 1) organist for the 10:35 AM service and special services (ie: Christmas Eve & Easter), and 2) choir accompanist. Provides preludes, postludes, offertories and accompaniment as required. Accompanies the choir under the direction of the Director of Music and Worship.
Read more online.
Unique opportunity for talented musician and team‐player with a spiritual spark! Progressive, Open & Affirming UCC church seeks qualified pianist/accompanist to join thriving music ministry and choir program. Position starts Sunday, September 8.
This is a paid, part‐time position Sundays from 8:30 am to 11:15 am and for occasional rehearsals/special services.
have direct experience in church worship and the demonstrated
flexibility to play in blended styles; repertoire ranges from classical and contemporary to Gospel, incorporating both traditional and more modern selections.
be adept at playing hymns as well as offertory, communion, prelude/postlude, modern songs and anthem accompaniments.
have the ability to sight‐read, chord‐read, accompany groups as
well as individuals and occasionally play by ear.
Salary is $150 per Sunday; eligible for paid time off after six months.
For consideration, please submit references and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cyclical Catalyst for New Churches & Church Expressions - Northwest Coast Presbytery
Are you a creative, resourceful connector with a pastoral heart and a bit impatient who loves to see new expressions of the church be born? We are searching for a part-time Cyclical Catalyst who will direct Cyclical Cascadia. Read the position description here. If interested, please send cover letter addressing how you sync with the requirements and desires for this role and your PIF or resume to email@example.com. For more info please visit www.cyclicalcascadia.com, https://www.facebook.com/cyclicalcascadia. And visit our partners at the Centre for Missional Leadership at St. Andrews Hall in Vancouver BC, especially Andrea Perrett, Cyclical Director and Rev. Ross Lockhart, Director of the Centre.
Send Letter of Application and PIF or Resume to Jenine Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Temporary Associate Pastor for Children & Youth
Magnolia Presbyterian Church
Purpose: To provide leadership for our children and youth, age 3 – grade 12, and to partner with our senior pastor in preaching, celebrating the sacraments, and offering pastoral care. To build upon the congregation’s growing commitment to involving children and youth in all areas of our life and ministry, leading us into a fuller understanding of what it means to be an intergenerational church family.
Note: We are moving from two-part time staff positions (one for youth, one for children) to this single Temporary Associate Pastor position. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a willingness to devote “energy, intelligence, imagination, and love” to the exciting project of establishing a new model for children’s and youth ministry here.
Children's Ministry Director - Japanese PC
Japanese Presbyterian Church (affectionately known as ‘Presby’) is a lively community with an active multi-generational membership, and an average Sunday attendance of 180.
We are seeking a director (25–30 hours/week) to cultivate our children's ministry, which is an integral part of our community. We nurture a vibrant group of 35–40 children (some with special needs) with volunteers of all ages willing to contribute as a team.
Full position description: http://bit.ly/presby-cmdir
Operation Nightwatch reduces the impact of poverty and homelessness, in keeping with Jesus’ teaching to love our neighbors. We are seeking a ministry-minded person to be our Volunteer Coordinator. Use your people skills to support the ministry of Nightwatch with compassion and joy. You will love our volunteers for their commitment to serving homeless people. 30 hours/week. For details, click https://www.seattlenightwatch.org/about-us/job-opportunities/.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line.