Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church
Title: Children and Family Ministries Director
Part-Time (25 hours) with partial benefits, compensation DOE
To direct all Children’s and Family Ministries (CFM) for Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church (CHP). The Director’s job includes recruiting, hiring, training, managing and pastoring childcare workers (4-10), volunteers (50) and CFM committee members (5-10). Overseeing Sunday Kids’ Church and Kid City programs, regular family events, kids camps, and childcare for other church programs.
Qualifications: A person of Christian faith who lives in full agreement with the CHP Statement of Faith (see FAQ, What Do We Believe on http://www.chpseattle.org/).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-10 years’ combined volunteer or professional ministry experience, with at least 2-3 years in ministry leadership. 2 years Christian education and kids programming experience (e.g., adult education and discipleship, Sunday school, camps, recreation, scouting, etc.).
- Flexible, gracious and good-humored, seasoned in ministry and character and adaptable to unforeseen changes. Able to encourage, lead and pastor others in stressful situations.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to catalyze, recruit, motivate and mobilize the church community to passion for children and family ministry, excellence in programming, joy in ministry and growth in vision and outreach.
- Strong management skills, including visioning, strategic planning, project and program management, event planning, staff and volunteer management, and pastoral care.
- Able to spend most hours working independently while building and sustaining vision and passion for a thriving children’s program and its potential to reach the neighborhood, grow the church and be an integral, energizing component of the church’s mission