Purpose: To provide leadership for Sunday morning programs for children in preschool through grade 4. To nurture children in knowing God’s love.
Qualifications: Deep commitment to Jesus Christ and his church; love for children and experience teaching children in a church setting; ability to motivate, encourage, and mentor volunteers; good organizational and communication skills. Experience in children’s music leadership, while not a prerequisite, would be an asset in this position.
- Teach Sunday School class for elementary grades during the latter part of the 10:30 worship hour, assisted by members of the congregation
- Regularly recruit and train volunteer teachers from the congregation to lead the preschool class during the same portion of the worship hour.
- Offer weekly children’s messages in the first portion of the worship service
- In consultation with Pastor and Children’s Ministry elder, select and purchase curriculum for all children’s classes
- Communicate regularly with Pastor and Children’s Ministry elder regarding all aspects of MPC’s children’s ministry
- Communicate regularly with the congregation regarding children’s ministry activities and resources, e.g. via monthly newsletter articles, weekly bulletin updates, use of bulletin boards and congregational email; update children’s ministry brochure as needed
- Oversee the production of a children’s Christmas pageant during the worship hour in mid-December, recruiting assistance as needed from the congregation.
- Maintain Children’s Ministry budget, in partnership with the Children’s Ministry elder. Maintain records of students, teachers, and attendance statistics.
- Maintain Sunday School supplies