The Director supports SPC’s mission of being a “Christ Centered, Mission Minded Family.” The Youth Director will thoughtfully and prayerfully work to articulate and implement this mission in age appropriate ways for the Mid-High and Sr. High youth of SPC – within the congregation and the broader community. The Youth Director will work with volunteer leaders, staff, students, and parents to help students grow as disciples of Jesus.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to Associate Pastor of Adult, Mission, and Youth
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Youth Ministry Coordinator
1. Cultivating a holistic and relational youth ministry
Develop and grow a youth ministry department which invites leaders to invest in lives of students and equips families to grow in faith and service to Christ.
· Recruit, nurture, and develop lay leaders to be partners in ministry to students.
· Coordinate volunteer involvement, encourage them to support one another, and equip them to use their gifts in ministry.
· Initiate and pursue contact with students, individually and in groups, to care for them and to communicate the love of Jesus through words and actions.
· Promote community between students, and between students and leaders.
· Encourage and equip parents to join in the work of helping their children grow as disciples.
· Communicate clearly with parents and build partnerships with parent teams to assist in programmatic ministry.
2. Program Management—weekly and special events
· Work with staff and volunteer teams to encourage students’ spiritual growth through study of scripture, prayer, fellowship and service:
o Contribute creative ideas, insight, vision, and enthusiasm for youth programs.
o Plan and implement curriculum for year-long and summer ministry programs--Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, small groups, special events, retreats, and mission projects.
· Communicate the good news of the Christian faith with warmth, humor, and effectiveness.
· Invite, coordinate, and equip leaders to take various roles in programs and special events.
· Assist in developing and executing other youth department-wide events as needed.
Full time, exempt
Compensation: A competitive compensation package will be offered based on experience.