The Associate Director supports SPC’s mission of a “Christ Centered, Mission Minded Family.” The Associate Director will prayerfully and thoughtfully assists the Youth Director in articulating and implementing this mission in age appropriate ways for youth -- within the congregation and in the broader community. He/She will build relationships with students; recruit and guide volunteer leadership teams; and creatively plan and execute weekly programs and special events.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to Youth Director
1. Cultivating a holistic and relational youth ministry
Develop and grow a youth ministry department which invites leaders to invest in lives of students and equips families to grow in faith and service to Christ.
· Recruit, nurture, and develop adult and student leaders to be partners in ministry to students.
· Coordinate volunteer involvement, encourage them to support one another, and equip them to use their gifts in ministry.
· Initiate and pursue contact with students, individually and in groups, to care for them and to communicate the love of Jesus through words and actions.
· Promote community between students, and between students and leaders.
2. Program Management—weekly and special events with particular focus on Middle School program
· Work with staff and volunteer teams to encourage students’ spiritual growth through study of scripture, prayer, fellowship and service:
o Contribute creative ideas, insight, vision, and enthusiasm for youth programs.
o Plan and implement curriculum for year-long and summer ministry programs--Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, small groups, special events, retreats, and mission projects.
· Communicate the good news of the Christian faith with warmth, humor, and effectiveness.
· Invite, coordinate, and equip adult and student leaders to take various roles in programs and special events.
· Assist in developing and executing other youth department-wide events as needed.