Job Title: Nursery Attendant
The Nursery Attendant provides care for children ages 0-5 on Sunday mornings and at occasional other special events as needed.
- Work as part of a team of employees and volunteers on Sunday mornings and occasional events that need nursery care, as requested with advance notice.
- Help set up the nursery before children arrive on Sunday mornings.
- Receive children from parents and maintain attendance records & sign in sheets.
- Ensure a safe and caring environment for the children while under your watch.
- Engage the children in creative play, songs, stories, and otherwise provide a happy, wholesome experience. Serve age-appropriate snacks if parent permission has been given to do so.
- Monitor condition of nursery equipment, snacks, and supplies and alert the associate pastor when equipment or supplies are needed.
- When children are picked up, clean up the room, disposing of all trash, diapers, etc. and sanitize toys and materials used by children. Return all toys to their proper bins and location.
Work Hours & Schedule:
Sunday mornings 8:45 am to approx. 11:30 am. When there is no education hour prior to the worship service (i.e., in summer), 9:45 to approx. 11:15. Possibility of additional hours beginning Sept 2019, depending on church schedule.
The successful candidate will:
- Be at least eighteen years of age.
- Have previous experience caring for infants and children up to age 5.
- Be dependable and have reliable transportation.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with parents and children in a professional manner.
- Have an understanding of basic first aid, including child/infant CPR certification (or must be willing to become certified).
- Comply with the church’s Child Safety policy, including submitting to a WSP background check, attending a child abuse prevention training workshop (paid), and making a signed statement that the candidate has never been convicted of abusing children or youth.
The Nursery Attendants report to and are supervised by the associate pastor; they work directly with other nursery staff, and volunteers; and in a cooperative relationship with facility, program and administrative staff, church leadership, members, and parents.
Nursery Attendants will be paid $14 per hour. If extra time is required and agreed upon between the associate pastor and the Nursery Attendant, the same rate will apply up to forty hours per week. This position as a part‐time support staff position does not qualify for any benefits, sick days, vacation days, or holidays.
If interested, please submit resume including 2 references to Associate Pastor Laura Terasaki, email@example.com