Healthy Boundaries 101: Healthy boundaries in our relationships with others are an essential component of a healthy ministry. As leaders who have been entrusted with caring for others, we have the responsibility to set appropriate boundaries and model professional behavior in our ministry.
In this workshop, using materials from the FaithTrust Institute, we will:
• Define boundaries and why they are important, both psychologically and theologically,
• Increase awareness of the need for healthy boundaries in our relationships, and how those boundaries are affected by our relative power or vulnerability,
• Illustrate strategies to sustain a safe and healthy church environment,
• Consider the many challenges to our boundary setting, such as gifts, friendships, dual relationships, dating, and social media, and
• Provide guidelines for appropriate boundaries and self-care, including expectations of the PCUSA and the local presbytery.