Date: Saturday, June 7, 2014
Presiding: Rev. Scott Mann, Vice-Moderator
- Heard about exciting new worshipping communities from Roger Dermody, Presbyterian Mission Agency.
- Will Mason preached on “God’s Kind of Reconciliation,” and the presbytery prayed for all those attending the 221st General Assembly (2014) in Detroit, Michigan.
- Kari Olson was moved to candidate status following her examination. Kari was a TSAD (Theological Student Advisory Delegate) to the 221st General Assembly.
- Approved the change to “honorably retired” for Jim Patten (Newport) and Kim Anderson (Lake City).
- Postponed any action on proposed changes to examination commissions until fall 2014. A task force will be formed to study the examination process in more depth.
- The Synod of Alaska Northwest is continuing to disburse funds associated with mission development certificates to the presbyteries, as the certificates mature. This is part of the move to a reduced function for the synod.
- Seattle Presbytery’s ordination exam readers are Teaching Elder Colin Robeson (alternate Teaching Elder Jeff Keuss), and Ruling Elder Lolo Levy (alternate Ruling Elder Neil Bolkom)
- The Coordinating Council reported that it had provided financial support for the visit of Vietnamese pastors for training in Seattle during May 2014, and endorsed the application for Seattle to become a PC(USA) Young Adult Volunteer site.
Next meeting: Tuesday, November 18 @ Newport PC.