Location: John Knox Presbyterian Church
Date: Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Presiding: Elder Karen Cunningham, Moderator / Rev. Scott Mann, Vice-Moderator
- Enjoyed the gracious hospitality of John Knox Presbyterian Church
- Heard a sermon on the invisible becoming visible (John 3) from Mansour Khajehpour,
- Examined and commissioned Tara Chase (Bethany) as a commissioned ruling elder. Tara works for Presbyterian Frontier Fellowship.
- Commissioned Renee and Justin Sundberg as mission co-workers in Nicaragua at CEPAD (Council of Protestant Churches). Renee is a teaching elder member of Seattle Presbytery, and has been associate pastor for community life at University PC.
- Examined Barbara Williams and Daniel Jones and enrolled them as candidates.
- Ideas Worth Sharing. NIMBY project at Madrona Grace (housing for the homeless); Who is my Neighbor at Bellevue (immigration issues); Hunger Intervention Program at Lake City; Community dinners at Madrona Grace; Holy Spirit Conference at Foster-Tukwila; Global Leadership Summit at Bellevue. More information is available at www.seapres.org
- Cambodia Mission Trip. The Southeast Asia Ministry Team (SEAM) recently led a trip to Cambodia. Opportunities are available to support a scholar’s program for HIV orphans. Contact Binh Nguyen for more information.
- Approved the sale of the New Hope property to Holy Protection of Theotokos Orthodox Church, and authorized the Coordinating Council to finalize the terms of the agreement.
- Approved the clergy/lay imbalance adjustment for 2014; this action determines the number of ruling elder commissioners each congregation can send to presbytery meetings.
- Continued discussion of creating ordination commissions based on the theological distinctives of the calling congregation; this likely will be voted on at the June 7 stated meeting of the presbytery.
Next meeting: Saturday, June 7 @ Steel Lake Presbyterian Church.