Election of GA Commissioners and Young Adult Advisory Delegates 224th (2020) General Assembly, Baltimore, June 20-27, 2020.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: OCTOBER 7, 2019
Note: YAADs will be elected at the October 15, 2019 Seattle Presbytery meeting. GA commissioners will be elected at the October 15, 2019 or February 25, 2020 presbytery meeting.
The Presbytery of Seattle is entitled to two (2) ruling elder commissioners and two (2) teaching elder commissioners.
The process below strives to respect three Presbyterian Principles:
1. “the election of the persons to exercise authority, in any particular society, is in that society.” [F-3.0106]
2. “Presbyters are not simply to reflect the will of the people, but rather to seek together to find and represent the will of Christ.” [F-3.0204]
3. “The Presbyterian Church shall guarantee full participation or representation in its worship, governance, and emerging life to all persons or groups within its membership.” [F-1.0403]
1. Nomination is by application (see below), which will be distributed to the presbytery for consideration.
2. Nominees must be available for questioning at the time of the election.
3. Selection is by election; that is a majority vote.
4. Presbytery will vote until a majority and representation requirements are obtained.
5. Alternates will be those with the next most votes.
6. If no person meets all of the criteria, those who apply may be considered by the presbytery.