Woodland Park Presbyterian Church (WPPC) seeks to be an open and inclusive family of faith in Christ that embraces the challenge of the Gospel by cultivating deep community, nurturing loving connection within and outside our walls, and living into God’s call to seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly in the word. We are seeking an enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to work Part Time (20 hours per week, 9am - 1pm Monday - Friday) in the front office, providing general office support and helping advance our mission in the community.
· Interact with visitors, parishioners, vendors and renters.
· Respond to phone calls, voice mail and e-mails and forward information as necessary to appropriate individuals.
· Distribute mail to staff, renters and committees.
· Monitor bus tickets and hand out emergency food bags and grocery cards
· Provide weekly order of service, weekly e-mail bulletin, annual report, annual directory, correspondence, and other printed or digital materials as directed by the pastor
· Maintain church calendar and pastor’s calendar
· Monitor office machines and contact vendors for maintenance
· Maintain general files and personnel files.
· Update website and social media pages
· Update printed forms (signup sheets, check request forms etc.)
· Provide HR support such as background checks, new hire paperwork, interview
· Provide support to Financial Secretary with coordinating Accounts Receivables.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Proven administrative assistant experience; 1-3 years experience in an office environment
· Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Proficient in MS Office and Google Docs
· Comfortable with social media and learning new technology skills
· Knowledge of general bookkeeping, accounting and Human Resources skills preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
Please send your resume to email@example.com, attention: Personnel Committee.