Lake City Presbyterian Church (LCPC) in North Seattle has an immediate opportunity for a Director of Music Ministry (DMM). The candidate filling this 15-20 hour a week position will work with the Pastor and Worship Committee to develop and lead the music ministry in a manner consistent with the mission, vision, and theology of the church. They must possess the ability to play the piano and guitar to accompany worship services and additional special church worship events. The DMM will serve as the consistent and weekly leader of the worship team, direct the choir and coordinate other musical groups and ensembles for services. The candidate will possess creativity hinging on discernment from the Holy Spirit. In all things, the DMM will work in concert with the Pastor to utilize a blend of music styles to shape and support sound liturgical worship for the current season. The DMM will take a key role in establishing relationships both inside and outside the church community designed to enhance the music and worship at LCPC.
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRIES – Lake City Presbyterian Church
· Select, plan, and provide music and accompaniment for Sunday and special services using a variety of instrumental and choral music, in conjunction with the established liturgical theme.
· Leads Worship Team and provides it as a resource for creative planning of both Sunday and special services with the Pastor and Worship Committee as needed.
· Establish partnerships that might enhance the choir community or worship.
· Recruit, equip, motivate, and shepherd music team musicians.
· Develop musical teams and ensembles for services.
· Participate in outreach events in the community via choral or worship team performances.
· Maintain a strong prayer base by establishing regular prayer time with music ministry groups at rehearsals or prior to worship services, as appropriate.
· Communicates faithfully with the Pastor and staff.
· Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
· Bachelor’s degree in music desirable with demonstrated high-quality musical skills and competence.
· Strong organizational skills, consistency and dependability.
· Strong interpersonal skills to help inspire and motivate musicians.
· Committed to the church's Christian vision, leadership, and people as demonstrated by an ease with articulating their Christian faith and practice as a member of church leadership.
· Minimum five years’ experience in church ministry setting.
· Ability to lovingly with humor and patience shepherd volunteer musicians encouraging members to develop and use their God given talents.
· Active team player who consistently attends staff meetings and creates intentional connections with members of the congregation.
· Possess knowledge of a wide range of Christian musical styles and sources including Christian classics (hymns), contemporary music and music from other cultures.
· Ability to lead worship and train musicians as individual and team worship leaders.
· Display a high level of competency in piano and guitar accompaniment.
· Experience with sound and computer technology and other aspects of contemporary services desirable.