By Kathy Lueckert, Stated Clerk
- Enjoyed worship led by Rev. Jeff Lincicome, Kay Browleit and their team, as well as the gracious hospitality of the good folk of Sammamish Presbyterian.
- Learned from a sermon preached by EP Scott Lumsden about the new things that God is doing in Seattle Presbytery, and how our presbytery demonstrates health and hope to the rest of the denomination.
- Engaged in conversations about mission in our congregations.
- Examined Linda Ferguson and approved her ordination to validated ministry as a chaplain at the Veteran’s Administration.
- Examined Bertram Johnson and approved his ordination as temporary associate pastor at Madrona Grace.
- Elected Karen Cunningham as Moderator for 2014, and Rev. Scott Mann as vice-moderator, as well as filling other vacancies on presbytery standing committees.
- Concurred with Inglewood Presbyterian’s sale of surplus property.
- Authorized the Coordinating Council to complete the sale of the property of the former Living Faith (Renton First) Presbyterian to a non-profit entity.
- Approved a 2014 per capita rate of $40, the same rate as 2013 and 2012 and approved the budget for 2014.
- Selected (by drawing lots) the following teaching elder commissioners to the 221st (2014) General Assembly in Detroit, Michigan: Rev. Adrienne Schlosser-Hall (Rev. Dan Houston, alternate), Rev. Mark Zimmerly (Rev. J.P. Kang, alternate), and Rev. Karen Breckenridge (Rev. Eliana Maxim, alternate).
- Approved presbytery meeting dates for 2014: February 8 (Saturday), March 18 (Tuesday), June 7 (Saturday), and November 18 (Tuesday).
Other presbytery actions can be found on the Meetings page of the website.