Location: Mercer Island Presbyterian Church
Date: Saturday, February 8, 2014
Presiding: Elder Karen Cunningham, Moderator / Rev. Scott Mann, Vice-Moderator
- Heard about the challenge to us found in Acts 1, from keynote speaker Rich Stearns (President of World Vision), and also from Becki Barrett, preacher of the day. Since they had not communicated, this is evidence of God at work and God’s message to the presbytery!
- Had a conversation around rethinking ordination commissions, with the possibility of having ordination commissions based on theological and polity distinctives as an option for congregations and candidates. More work to be done on this in the coming months by the Coordinating Council and Committee on Ministry.
- Elected the following individuals as commissioners to the 221st (2014) General Assembly in Detroit: Rev. Adrienne Schlosser-Hall, Rev. Mark Zimmerly, Rev. Karen Breckenridge, Shelley Dahl, Steve Heino, Steve Henry, Anna Bintinger, and Kari Olson.
- Approved two overtures on coal exports to Asia: an overture to the 221st General Assembly about coal exports to Asia, and an overture for use by Seattle Presbytery congregations to express their concern about coal exports to local and regional officials.
- By two-thirds vote, approved the conversion Susie Beil’s temporary supply position at Summit Avenue Presbyterian Church to an installed position.
- Approved the interim ministry positions for Nancy Martin Vincent (Mercer Island), Tyler Easley (Northminster), and Livingstone Chen (First Taiwanese).
- Welcome Jan Dittmar, who transferred her membership from Grace Presbytery.
- Elected the following corporate officers: Karen Cunningham, president; Scott Anderson, vice president; Scott Mann, secretary.
- Announced that Scott Anderson is moderator of the Presbytery Coordinating Council for 2014.
Next Stated Meeting: Tuesday, March 18 @ John Knox PC